Window treatments can make or break a room. Just like the right accessories finish off that perfect outfit, window treatments can either dress up a room or leave it hanging. If you’re in the market to update your window treatments or you’re outfitting a new home, it’s best to know what appeals to you before you make your final purchasing decision. Here are the top 5 window treatment trends to get your designer juices flowing!
Top 5 Window Treatment Trends
1. Neutral colors will stand the test of time. From pure white, off-white, beige or other neutral tones, there are plenty of hues and styles to keep neutral colors from appearing bland for your window treatments. Moreover, neutral colors give you the freedom to change your other decorating choices in furniture and home decor without interfering with your choices.
2. Woven finishes are taking the cake. If modern design makes your heart race, then you’ll love the fresh woven styles created from grassweave and bamboo. Perfect for sun rooms, dining rooms or playrooms, woven synthetic or natural window treatments add texture and personality to plain walls.
3. Go aluminum! If retro 1950s and 1960s decor appeals to you, then you’ll love the new trend in aluminum blinds. Perfect for an office or game room, metal blinds create visual interest and a polished look. If retro 1950s and 1960s decor appeals to you, then you’ll love the new trend in aluminum blinds. Perfect for an office or game room, metal blinds create visual interest and a polished look.
4. Sheer fabrics entice. Transparent sheer window treatments allow light to pass into any room while still offering a welcoming atmosphere.
5. Plantation shutters make a statement. For a classic Southern look, plantation shutters are a great investment. Not only do they add refinement to any room, but plantation shutters will last a long time.
Overall, take time to do your window treatment homework so you can bring out the best in each room. Whether you start off with window treatments for one room or your entire house, you’ll save yourself time and money by choosing the best window treatments for your home.
We Can Help
When you’re on the hunt for blinds, draperies, and shades, Blinds To Go Commercial & Residential can help with all your window treatment needs.
Call (816) 920-0260 to learn more about our all-encompassing selection of window treatments.